- 6 cups chopped broccoli (stems and flowers)
- 4 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream (optional)
- salt and ground pepper to taste
In a casserole pot, heat up olive oil and toss in onion, garlic, and celery.
Cook for around 2-3 minutes.
Add in broccoli.
Cook for another 3 minutes.
Add in broth and bring to a boil.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Once boiling, turn down heat and continue to cook for about 7-10 minutes (or until broccoli is tender).
Use a hand blender and puree the soup (be very careful with the hot liquid).
Stir in all-purpose cream (optional).