- 1 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pounds lean ground pork
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 cans whole tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cans red kidney beans, drained
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tnsb brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- grated cheese (optional)
- some chopped spring onions
In a bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin powder, paprika, and oregano. Set aside.
Heat up the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Saute garlic, onion, and red chili pepper until soft. Don’t let them brown.
Add in the ground beef and pork, then stir until meat is no longer pink.
Mix in the tomatoes and cloves.
Stir in brown sugar and mixed powdered seasoning you set aside earlier.
Cover and cook for 30-40 minutes, occasionally stirring.
Add in kidney beans and cook another 10-15 minutes.
Serve in a bowl topped with grated cheese (optional) and spring onions (also optional).