- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small red or white onion
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
Heat up olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
Saute garlic, onion, and jalapeño pepper for 1 minute.
Add diced tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil and turn off heat.
Put the mixture in a blender and blend until semi-smooth.
Optionally add chopped cilantro.
Serve hot or cold with your favorite chips.