- 4 pcs chicken breast, cut into your preferred sizes
- 3 tbsp balti curry paste
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, peeled, crushed, and chopped
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp sunflower or peanut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- cilantro/coriander leaves, chopped
In a large pan, heat up the oil and toss in onions and garlic until slightly golden.
Add the chicken breasts and cook a few minutes on each side.
Add the balti curry paste, turmeric, and cumin powder and mix well until chicken pieces are covered in paste. Cook further for a minute or two.
Add in the tomatoes, ginger, brown sugar and salt. Give everything a good stir.
Cook in medium heat for about 20-30 minutes or until the sauce has pasty consistency.
Scatter coriander/cilantro on top and serve in a nice stainless or ceramic bowl.